Thread: Quick Question
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 06:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel ep3 05 View Post
Is CRPS 1 a problem in the central nervous system, autonomic nervous system (sympathetic nervous system) or is the condition a mix of the whole nervous system?

Also, could each individual have different parts of the nervous system compared to others? Just the sympathetic NS for example?

I have had CRPS 1 in my loweg right leg as a result from an overuse injury resulting in a soft tissue strain (hamstig tendon) for 6 months. Just wondering if its possible to determin which part of the nervous system is effected in my condition?

Reason im asking is because I do not have every symptom that comes with CRPS (pain to touch) however i have alot of sympathetic pain (abnormal temreture change, burning pain & redness of the feet). Also wanted to know if
ketamine IV treatment hits all angles in regards to treatment for CRPS.

Thanks for any help,

Nigel

Dear Nigel,

I will try to help you....CRPS is a condition of the Sympathetic Nervous System... The sympatheic nerve going hair wire... The difference between CRPS 1and CRPS 2 depends on the severity or type of the nerve damage... Everyone reacts differently to RSD, CRPS...as in not everyone has all of the symptoms... We all react differently to this crazy illness.... I do believe we all have in common the hallmark of this disease and that is the pain!!

I hope I helped you...This is such a bear... Know that you are not alone...

Take care....Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote