View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 06:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default one thing is for sure it FEELS good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by @chilles View Post
Has anyone experienced Cranial Release Therapy as an alternative method to diminish stress and restore wellness. Massage therapists and other body workers are learning this technique to restore proper function to the nervous system, and proper balance to the body structure. It is based on the assumption that the bones that make up the human cranium move in a rhythmic pattern throughout life. The movment of these bones somehow regulates the nervous system and promotes less stress. I am unable to find much scientific information on the subject. There are plenty of references to the teachers of the technique who charge a pretty penny to share their knowledge with you. There are testimonials touting success with Parkinson's patients. Is this "hocus -pocus" or is there something to trigger point massage and stress relief?

Gary
Hi Gary,

My feeling about complimentary therapies although they may not be a means to an end (cure all pd sx) in and of themselves they certainly support the process of healing and occasionally spark a breakthrough now and then. We peel our outdated layers like shedding skin.

i have experienced insights (thoughts i've never thought before) and deep relaxation with cranial sacral work. this alone makes the process worthwhile to me- one of the challenges is to get enough of it. I think I could make remarkable progress if i could get massage (and Cranial work) more often (every day!) ideally it is best to have at least two CS therapists work on you together. guess it comes down to how much you like to r e l a x !

its the journey....

regards,
md

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote