View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 08:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malawigirl08 View Post
The dose was 30mg, I felt awful for two days and haven't taken it since, the pain did subside that night but I can't risk feeling that way again.
I may go back to my GP and ask if he can start me at 10mgs( if that is possible ).
I am also taking imipramine and wondered if two antidepressants is too much although the neuro said to take both.
Are you able to function normally taking Cymbalta, my worry is that I become so doped up that I can't perform my job or my family duties properly- this happened with my dad( he existed going from bed to sofa and became a social recluse, no life for anyone and he was still in pain )
Cymbalta comes in a 20mg dose so you might ask for that. I'm not recommending the following for anyone, but I'll just tell you what I did: The medication comes in the form of little pellets inside a capsule. In order to titrate up from a small dose, I opened a 30mg capsule and divided the pellets to get 15 mg. I incrementally increased the dose over the ensuing two years using this technique, which I KNOW isn't kosher but I had to do it or else wouldn't have been able to tolerate the side effects.

Because of this slow and incremental increase in dosage, I've been able to function pretty well. There were times when I was a little dopey, but fortunately/unfortunately my body adjusted so I could perform fairly normally. I'm lucky to be retired so my life isn't rigorous, though I do consulting work (writing) that requires some mental agility.

The Cymbalta has helped me to deal with the ridiculous pain and progressive nature of the disease, so I prize it. Before I took it, I was suicidal, and I don't want to go that way again.
nsw43 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
malawigirl08 (05-29-2011)