View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 10:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Thanks Annie, it feels good to have my instincts confirmed.

I usually stand up for myself well, but I think I was tired from the first doctor appointment.

I imagine if a person read my answers without seeing my confusion, they may think I am lying.

This is the first I've heard of disability being withheld because a person has a degree, I thought it sounded crazy. It felt like she added that comment in just to be hurtful.

You are right about grocery shopping, it is such hard work as is everything with MG...I feel like I've worked a full time job and all I've done is basic self care. I would love to be working and I told her so.

If I get turned down, I'm going to try again with the help of an attorney.

Smokey, thank you. I do usually communicate better, but I really fell apart in this one. If I have to go through this again, I'll keep thinking to myself to take my time in answering. In this meeting, I'm not sure I ever even finished my sentences before she interupted with the next request. Since I got MG, I can't function feeling rushed like this.

Funny how adrenaline (or whatever it is) can give us energy. The odd thing is that certain things, such as if I get startled when the phone rings, can make me get weak suddenly and I end up on the floor. And situations like this where I feel threatened by a person, gives me energy for a short time, sometimes I can't even tell I have MG at all, but the effect goes away as soon as I calm down...

Thanks for the support, I really needed it.

Last edited by DesertFlower; 05-28-2011 at 10:21 PM. Reason: grammar error
DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote