View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

in our sunday paper a couple of wks ago there was an add by the orthopedic group i had seen for my neck surgery. they were advertising a new dr coming into the practice. she's a pain dr and they're opening a pain aspect to the practice. her credentials are outstanding. and, she sees more than just orthopedic and surgical pain pts.

i have an appt with her in a couple of wks. i am so hoping that this dr will be able to offer me something other than what a have now. the doc i had been seeing for pain just isn't doing what i want. when i see him, which is monthly to renew my meds, he isn't interested in talking about any other pain except my back. he said there's nothing else he can do for me (we're out of injections) except to Rx the pain med.

i have lots of other pain besides my back. my coccyx is still killing me and i still have a lot of muscle pain. now i've been having pitting edema in my bad leg. my foot and ankle are both edematous and my foot is very painful. i just got started on diuretics. i've put on 5lbs that i can't get off. ugh.

so i hope this dr will look at me as a whole person.
i'll let you know how it goes.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-01-2011), Kitty (06-01-2011)