View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 06:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi and Welcome,

You seem to have gone a long time without many answers. Must have been a rough road. However, I don't know what kind of symptoms you're having so don't know how best to comment. There is a wide array of symptoms for SFN (burning, numbness, pin/needles, pain, etc) and Autonomic neuropathy has even more (BP, gastorparesis, difficulty urinating or sweating, heart rate, vasospasms, balance, etc). I'll assume you have some motor problems with the large fiber neuropathy.

I would guess and suggest you be tested for autoimmune diseases (maybe you already have). Infections can trigger an autoimmune response like you've experienced. I don't see any cardiac meds for low BP (one of the most common autonomic dysfunctions), so I'll assume it's not a problem.

Plasmapharesis and IVIG are big guns and used only in certain circumstances where conditions are defined and unresponsive to other treatments tried first. There are many causes of PN!!! You need to find a doctor willing to help you investigate everything from diabetes, metals, toxins, autoimmune diseases, and of course, nerve compression in the spine somewhere.

If you supply us with a little more information about what you've already been tested for and the results, we might be able to point you in a helpful direction.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Liftyourhands7 (03-12-2013)