Thread: Quick Question
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 06:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the info guys.

6kiddos - Same, I get mottling, my feet get very cold and then my toes heat up at night. The strange thing is that my good foot is also getting the same symptoms as my right (very cold then the toes heat up at night, mottling and redness however not too painful). The origin of the pain is behind my right knee which has travelled down to my foot and I get alot of strong burning and stinging. Regarding the sensitivity, I can even massage my foot however avoid touching behind the knee directly. There was one question I have been really wanting to ask on hear...do any of you get the a line of vibration in the affected part of crps?

daniella - I have tried every med under the sun in the past 6 months. Nothing really touched the pain. Right now I am taking Lyrica 300mg x 2, muscle relaxants 50mg x 3 and Amytriptaline 100mg at night. I do feel the combination of Lyrica + Amytriptaline do have a positive effect as they help me get a long sleep and keep me 'calm' through the day. I do feel that my sympathetic NS is hyped up as I get really strong goose bumps when watching films and strong adrenaline rushes sometimes at night. So my sympathetic NS is defiantly going hair wire..regarding blocks, no I haven't tried one.

The main reason for my question is that I am scheduled to undergo the 10 day inpatient IV ketamine infusion in around 2 weeks with Dr. Rohr in Germany. Just wanted to know if the ketamine infusion will try to 'reboot' my nervous system as a whole, which will also included my sympathetic NS? Prob a stupid question as ketamine should have a much stronger affect that a SN block...

Just trying to get as much info as possible for my treatment..
nigel ep3 05 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote