View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 10:24 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

We are being flooded with commercials with all these high fat fast food, and the Applebees commercials, and the Outback commercials and the Pancake Places with their mile high pancakes with butter and sausage.

It's a wonder that we are still alive.

This morning I had to stop at my local bakery to get a small loaf of Semolina Bread so I can make a fresh sprout tuna sandwich for Alan for dinner. I only use half the loaf (it's not a big sandwich) but I stuff it with sprouts and my Wild Planet tuna. I then wrap the other part of the bread and use it tomorrow or I'll freeze it.

As I'm standing in line I am looking at a display case of pastries. ( I am not now, nor have I ever been an Italian Pastry person). In the past, when I weighed 300 lbs I was a foodie, but not a pastry and if I went to a wedding and they had the Venetian hour, you would never catch me at the Italian pastry part of the table with the cannolis and the Napoleons. Not my thing.

I would be on the French pastry side with the mousse and other french stuff. But that was 40 years ago and since you can't buy French pastries in an Italian neighborhood, well, thank god for that or I would have weighed 400 lbs instead of 300 lbs.

But this morning as I am waiting to be served, I'm watching all the people on line. And I'm watching what they are ordering.

You should have seen what was in the display case. I wish I had my Flip camera because NO ONE COULD RESIST THESE THINGS. The only reason I am not even tempted is because my brain changed and when I look at this stuff I only see SUGAR AND FAT AND BUTTERCREAM FROSTING AND WHERE IT GOES INTO MY ARTERIES.

I don't see the taste, I see the results.

But the people on the line were ALL over 200 lbs and I gather they were buying for the upcoming holiday.

I have seen cakes before but nothing like these masterpieces.

Holy Cow

Some of these cakes were $50 and in the other display they had apple turnovers, and croissants with enough butter to make one land in the hospital.

No wonder we are all suffering from Diabetes.

I casually remarked to the person next to me "This is a diabetic nightmare"

She laughed and said "yeah, but who cares"

Who cares??

OMG!!!

I'm not saying we need to go all green and everything

but....

WHO CARES???

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote