View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 11:57 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Maybe it is not novalog. Or he was not taught correctly. Or he doesn't eat except for breakfast--- and drinks all day instead.
Major denial... major problems. People who drink heavily tend to get low blood sugar spells... that may have something to do with his regimen.

He won't be around much longer. That is his choice. His liver will fail, his blood will stop clotting and he may bleed to death before the sugar gets him. Cirrhosis in a 32 yr old is a bad sign.

We know a young guy who has had pancreatitis already from drinking. He has 3 little girls. He stopped for a while, was in the hospital once, and now is back on the beer.

Lifestyle problems are so common. You should see the alcoholic stats for Russia! Far worse than here.

There is a condition called pyroluria, which causes tremendous anxiety and many with it develop alcohol dependence to self medicate (it is genetic). It is fairly simple to fix:
http://www.drkaslow.com/html/pyroluria.html

I read everything you wrote. I understand everything you wrote. This guy is making such bad decisions. I feel for the parents. As all parents try to do, they are trying to save him.

I told them to go to Al-anon meetings but they are having none of that.

I guess some people believe in these things and others, well, they have to do what they have to do.

When he came home from the hospital she said he is on Novolog.

She did not say Levimir or Lantus. And the fact that he took a shot of it and his sugar came right down in 15 minutes, well...I think it's Novolog.

Anyway, thanks for your input. It must be very difficult to see one's adult child destroying their life.

I should know. Been doing this for 9 years.

Anyway, thanks for your input.

Oh, you'll LOVE this. This morning, the little Italian people who live downstairs contacted me and said "I smell gas".

of course I go running downstairs, I smelled gas, called the appropriate people, they came switched off the stove, then the gas company came, said it was a broken hose in the back, and now they wait for a repairman to come and fix the problem. So now they have no working stove for the moment.

You should have seen her face. She's 80 or so and all she does is cook. She's also a diabetic, she's a tiny thing and she loves her pasta. She knows it's bad for her but she laughs and says "I was raised this way" So I shut my mouth and she eats what she eats.

I broght a little electric burner down to them so they could COOK until their stove gets fixed. They were extremely happy.

They just knocked on my door to say thanks and she hands me this BIG plate of .....wait for it.......

Rice, beans, corn, in some lovely smelling concoction.

I mean, RICE, BEANS CORN?????

I said "oh wow, thanks" She said 'you can have a little bit"

I just said "Oh I know, and thanks so much"

She was beaming.

I tasted one tablespoon, it was the most delicious thing I ever tasted and it's now wrapped in my fridge, and I'll share it with Alan and other people later on today. Of course, I won't go near it because it's RICE, BEANS AND CORN.

lol lo lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote