Thread: What to do?
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 01:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Whoa! That is a lot of concussions. My first advice is to stop playing sports for a while!

It's tricky with employers because you don't want them to have a negative picture of you but you also may need them to realize what your limitations are. I'd suggest starting the internship and seeing how it goes for about 2 weeks. If you're having trouble then, talk to your boss. You may be able to have some accomodations (ie more breaks or decreased computer work, etc).

Good luck!
Jena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayorGO? View Post
I have had 3 concussions 1st playing rugby Oct 2010, 2nd snowboarding Jan 11 and then hit my head again snowboarding 2 weeks later and have been suffering from PCS ever since. I continued to go to school even though using a computer and watching tv have been a constant problem. Over the 1st 3 months headaches have went away for the most part but I do suffer from blurry vision from time to time. Most of the day I have no symptoms as long as I do not push myself. I am set to start an internship on June 7th and I am not quite sure what to do. I know that this will be a great experience but I am afraid that working 40 hours a week could be pushing my brain. The anxiety leading up to the internship is also not helping because if I do not complete the internship i will not have enough credits to graduate and attend Notre Dame for graduate school in the fall. I can not decide if it would be better for me to do nothing for the entire summer except rest or keep myself busy working. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, also should I explain my situation to the employer when I start?
jcastro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote