View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 04:34 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I spent about $18,000 trying to get help and understanding. The PT who did excellent myo-facial release of my upper back, shoulder and neck did wonders. She was well worth the money I spent ($8000 over 2 years) She was not in my health plan coverage.

Be careful with Light Therapy. It can be problematic for an injured brain. Look for a PT who has good myo-facial release skills. Those momentary stabs of pain as she coerces the muscles to behave are well worth it.

What position of laying down causes your hand to go numb?

I have accepted the fact that I cannot sleep on either side or the weight on my shoulders will cause hand numbness. I have been sleeping on my back for over 20 years. The neuro wanted to do emergency carpal tunnel surgery because my hands got so numb. Sleeping on my back has relieved all chronic CTS numbness. The PT has resolved the residual numbness that would sometimes start at my elbow.

If you are the one writing the checks for care, you should be able to get some TOS targeted diagnostics and treatment. My TOS X-rays only cost $140. The therapy was standard PT rates.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote