View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 07:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Glen,
THanks. YEs I am browsing thru the PN section. So much info.
I sent an email to the WUSTL head - Pestronk- with a short version and longer version of my situation. Within a few minutes he sent back a two line reply saying they are always happy to see polyneuropathy cases. I thought that was a little wierd becasue I was told I had mononeuritis multiplex. Before I replied, I verified that mononeuritis multiplex is not a polyneuropathy. So I replied that I was diagnosed with mononeuritis multiplex and does he incude that one. Well, no answer from him.

Am I being picky or wot? Why would he limit the type of neuropathy and then not at least answer that yes, they work with lot of mononueritis MP, or even maybe that they could have a different diagnosis.
I just feel that [I]ve been to too many doctors and I dont want to be traipsing around if I cant even communicate with someone or they are so arrogant as to not give the courtesy of a response. Even if it was a duh question - like of course we see them all.

I was looking at Chicago at one point also but I think WUSTL has some unique antibody tests.

I really need advice becasue I am floating.

Donna
donnamae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote