View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 01:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cooling The Brain

Hi Rich,

I forgot to tell you that there has been a study done where they found that cooling the brain helps reduce sz. I was in the study with a neurobiologist at Binghamton University. I had to take my temperatue 3 times a day at the same time and each time after I had a sz. Then I had to keep track of each time I yawned during the day and write down what time I did any yawning. I did this for 1 month and they found that on the days that I had any sz. my temperature was higher even before I had a sz. and I was yawning much less that day. When they did the second part of the study I had to continue what I was doing but this time if I had any warning I was going to have a sz. I was to put a cold washcloth on my face and neck. Each time I did this the sz. stopped and my temperature went down to stop the neurons in the brain from firing up and triggering a sz. You might want to tell your mom to put a cold washcloth on her face 3-4 times a day to see if this helps reduce or stop her sz.

I know over in Britian they have already started surgery on people by putting a microchip in the brain that helps cool the brain and stop sz. Rochester told me that they would be doing this form of surgery in another 2 yrs. they are waiting for the FDA here to approve of it. Here's wishing you and your family the best and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ridehard2208 (06-06-2011)