View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 07:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear RSDjaded,
It sounds like you are the best wife to your husband. It is sweet that you don't want to ask him to do things but he tries to do them and YOU know he is in more pain doing it. I can understand him wanting to fix the lawnmower because sometimes it makes us feel good to be able to do something we used to do. It gives us a sense of accomplishment. I know I have a list of things I need to do and yet it takes me months to do things so I can cross them off the list. It used to take me 5 minutes to do things before rsd. I used to fix things around my house, car, etc. and enjoyed doing so. And would drive to my family or friend's house to help them out too.

Good idea about health ins from Daniella (You go girl). I have a traveling counselor that comes to my house each week. Get in touch with your health ins to see if they will cover it. Try your nearest mental health facility and ask if they have a mobile therapist. At least if it is covered by ins you won't have to pay for the gas to get to them. Just a thought. I have been told by my counselor that she has alot of clients on state/federal assistance programs (I have no idea if you would qualify or what your situation is) but it may be something to look into. I know the patients do not have to pay copays or anything. I always say as long as you as all anybody can say is no and you will be no better off but it can't hurt to ask. Good luck to you and your family. You are an amazing wife and should be very proud of yourself.
Take care,
kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote