View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Dear SLS - NCS...good news bad news?

Bad news first...onset...when I was 'onsetting' , in the ER the PAIN etc went from jsut below my ankle bone to my knees...all of 14 hours! I was not considered critical..The ER doc found SX/Diagnosis on the 'INTERNET'. I then got a 'quack' of an ambulance chaser neuro and it took me 8 months to see the lite and get a 'SECOND OPINION'. I got the right docs and treatments after that, but I fear your FEAR is ruling you now. Swamp thru the Liza Jane stuff. All those tests referred to? Read all up about them. Learn that DIAGNOSING YOUR problem is all about ELIMINATING other stuff.. Then it 's a kind of patch patch patch thing as the world stands now. STRESSING over it all, makes it PLAIN OLD OLD WORSE! So chill, good person. I know it's hard to do when you HURT and have no idea what's gonna happen next! BUT, Hunker down, learn, listen and buckle to the learning about it all CAN and does help you w/all the FEAR this all creates! Don't understand some stuff? ASK! we've all been there tho thru different routes.....

I'd had this crud for a year before I got net-wise. All I'd found on the net, only confirmed what my INSTINCT of "not good" had been telling me all along, I'd followed my nose, and got good docs and treatments before I'd found the 'net'. OK SOOOO what's that mean? Follow your instinct! EVERYTHING I'd found here and thru sites I've posted in the stickies or other sources, well, they only CONFIRMED what was screaming in my brain and affirmed here. I wasn't NUTSO!

YOUR next steps are putting your fear aside and articulating in allmost doc's terms [never knew there was a language, but there is?] of what the heck is going on! How you feel, hurt, degree of hurts etc... You can't be whiney about all this, simply up front about HOW this all is a]hurting, b]limiting your ability to move w/o extreme pain and c]what is TO be done to enable me to continue life? Throw the ?s to the docs in WRITING! Pain/numb progression is one super beyond-scary thing! I've been there! When it got to my buttocks I was, well freaking? Beat IT!! and plan/expect to do so in the future! It's what we are, that substance of what we are, that will help us rise above it! Was it in the 'Enterprise/star trek' where one said we are 'STAR STUFF' I like that! Yes, there is hope, You just may need a bit of patience to find it?
Hugs and hope for the interim...... - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote