View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 11:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdwife99 View Post
Hi there,
My husband has had RSD for nearly 7 years ....we live in Iowa. I am just wondering if there is any spouse out there that feels lonely ever or just feels like 'there is no one like me'....without going into gory details I woudl first just like to know if there is anyone out there that feels like me.
I have had RSD for more than 3 yrs now. Prior to that, my wife and I were both health care providers taking care of others, in more of an orthopedic capacity, for more than 20 years.

There are those marraiges that grow closer with challenges and stressors and those that drift apart. Who could say that RSD is not just that? The ultimate of lifetime distractions.

We had it all going for us prior to my injury. It is now all gone. My business, our income, my dreams of an active participation, growing and enjoying time with my wife and daughter...at least as I had planned it prospectively. As much of a loss to all my accomplishments and dreams as it was for me, I am sure it was worse for my wife having to deal with the loss but not afflicted by the pain that delivered it; a confusing and empty dilema for her to be sure.

In spite of it all, we have worked through the hardships and have amazingly and with much work grown closer and stronger as such. CRPS has shown us a part of life that was once taken for granted but now cherished. Any moments that we can share, as a family, that are joyfull and precious are now revered. Everyday is a challenge now, but with every challenge comes a potential gem of delight that was once not realized. Nothing is taken for granted.

I hope that you an your husband can find the same!
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
allentgamer (08-11-2011), gramE (05-31-2011), wswells (06-04-2011)