View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 05:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
No treatment for a worn spine, just pain meds or death!!! Trying the first one....
I'm happy to hear you made the right choice!!!Once when I asked a customer how he was doing, he said to me, "Well, I'm just happy to be looking down at the daisys instead of pushing them up!" I use that line often!

I will do a search at our library for that book, if not there, maybe in Amazon. I find often times you can buy used books in Amazon for next to nothing and I have never received one that didn't look like new.

My back has been givign me problems as of late, my neck/shoulder area all the time. Sometimes when I am sitting here, I keep an ice pack on my neck (I keep this rice filled pad in my freezer)..I find ice and/or heat work the same for me, just depends on how I am feeling at the moment as to which one I use.

The only carbs in my diet are in my veggies and nuts and they are very low in carbs and good carbs at that. For the foods I have left that I can eat, they are all very healthy. I eat no sugar other than the natural sugars in fruits, only use stevia for sweetener, make my own almond or walnut butter, my own almond milk..actually I feel I am eating healthier than I ever have. Thankfully, I do not get bored with my food. That's not saying I never miss the things I can't have. As sick as I get when I eat something I can't have, it's enough to keep me from touching any of those foods.

After being so sick from the meds, I haven't even tried taking an ibuprofen for pain. When I walk, my neck/shoulders scream, my knees ache, and my feet cry, yet I just keep telling myself this is my medicine and I must do it for my health.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote