View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 06:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irljenn View Post
Hi Rachel
Welcome to our lovely little family and I am sure we will be able to answer any questions you may have. I have had RSD for 3 years but was only diagnosed last september. I had the scs installed in december but mine is a little different to the normal one so I will let the others talk about the standard scs trials and full operations. For me I suffered at the time from severe back pain and left leg pain my scs really controls my back pain but at the moment i am not doing great as the rsd has spread to my other leg and at the moment i am just waiting to see my doctor but we have discussed getting a second scs to help my legs. I am also on ketamine and i take tradol and a few others!! I know the rest of our scs gang will be on and they can help with any questions you may have. I am still glad despite the rsd spread that i have my scs and it does a great job. You could read Saffy's posts as she only had her scs done a few weeks ago and she even has pictures . Getting an SCS was a last resort for me and after 18 years of pain I can only imagine your very fed up. I think the trial is a great idea because you can see if it helps before you sign up for the full implant.

Take care and i am sure we will chat soon. J
Hi there, thanks very much for your reply, I will check out Saffy's comments and have a look around the site. Really sorry that it has spread with you, It must be terrible. In some respects I guess i'm lucky as so far it has just stuck to my left foot. It's been a very long time though and it's nice to finally talk to someone with the same condition. Up until now I have not met or talked to anyone with CRPS/RSD so it's been great finding this website.
Thanks again and wish you all the best
Rachel4444 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (06-01-2011), ron h (06-01-2011)