View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 08:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I wore the Fentanyl patch, in different strengths, for about 2 years. I had no problems, but I was told Lyrica was "THE RSD DRUG" to be on. I changed & Lyrica was HORRIBLE (FOR ME)!

I have found a great combination - MS CONTIN ( for Long Term Pain) and Klonopin twice daily. This appears to be working. I GAINED 70 POUNDS while on Lyrica. I have NEVER HAD A WEIGHT PROBLEM UNTIL NOW ---- and I can't lose the weight. The excessive weight has caused all types of secondary medical problems. I would NEVER TAKE LYRICA - even though it does help control the pain, there are too many BAD SIDE EFFECTS.
TAKE CARE.
yiisd
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyRI View Post
Instead of cutting the patch, pinch it so that a portion of it is stuck together and not touching your skin. That's what I used to do when I was tapering down off the patches and it was a pretty effective way of reducing the dose without cutting the patches, which you're not supposed to do.

I was on Fentanyl for about 9-10 months. It made me extremely depressed, I cried all the time, and that was when I wasn't sleeping. I also lost a lot of weight. It was awful... When I started the 10 day ketamine treatments I had already tapered myself down to at least half or less of my original dose, and then I went on Suboxone to get off of the stuff completely. In spite of that, I was still sick from withdrawal for a really long time - I think at least a month. Maybe more. It was the pits!! NEVER AGAIN!! Unless I am dying....!! I swear that stuff is like poison, I would highly recommend you consider other meds before settling on Fentanyl. I am not even certain that it was all that effective on my nerve pain.

Good luck, Sandy
yiisd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyRI (05-31-2011)