View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 08:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Social Security and the wait continues ...

I was diagnosed with Degenerative Disc Disease and my doctor also found problems with my knees back in Feb. 2009. I have a total of 8 herniated discs and S1 nerve impingement and facet athropathy in the lumbar region. Finally I had a hearing in late April. I hired an attorney and things seemed to go pretty well. The vocation expert could not name a job that would allow for my limited mobility or not being able to sit for more than 45 mins.

But it is annoying that the Judge may take 2-4 months to make a decision. And now I am hearing that if you DO win you have to wait an additional 5 months before getting your benefits ??

Being in constant pain is bad enough but with the cost of living on the rise and my husband unable to find work ... the constant 'not knowing' just makes it worse.And since I live in Arizona I am on their form of Medicaid called AHCCCS and the governor is trying to cut benefits to childless couples (like myself). That would mean that I would no longer be able to afford my thyroid and high blood pressure meds unless my disability comes through.

I guess all I can do is wait and wait some more.

But thanks for allowing me to vent.
nicotaijulo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote