View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 12:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yiisd View Post
I wore the Fentanyl patch, in different strengths, for about 2 years. I had no problems, but I was told Lyrica was "THE RSD DRUG" to be on. I changed & Lyrica was HORRIBLE (FOR ME)!

I have found a great combination - MS CONTIN ( for Long Term Pain) and Klonopin twice daily. This appears to be working. I GAINED 70 POUNDS while on Lyrica. I have NEVER HAD A WEIGHT PROBLEM UNTIL NOW ---- and I can't lose the weight. The excessive weight has caused all types of secondary medical problems. I would NEVER TAKE LYRICA - even though it does help control the pain, there are too many BAD SIDE EFFECTS.
TAKE CARE.
yiisd
I agree, Lyrica is another med I tried that was horrific. That and Neurontin. ewwww... I have been on Topamax for a few years now, which is better for me because I suffer from RSD in my neck and my head (as well as other areas). Topamax is often written for migraines. It has the least amount of side effects for me so far out of all the seizure meds I've tried. I have a terrible time remembering things sometimes but I don't know if its the RSD or the meds. Topamax doesn't cause weight gain but it does make a lot of food taste funny and I've lost my taste for alcohol and soda. I used to enjoy an Amstel Lite after work but it just doesn't taste right any more...

I only made it for a week or so on Lyrica - I was walking into walls and doing other crazy stuff. When I took Neurontin I went up 2 dress sizes in less than a month. It was nuts. And I just felt awful.

So sorry about your weight gain. bummer. I hope that you can find a way to lose it since it has impacted your health. the best of luck to you....

XOXOX Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote