View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 12:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused waiting for Dr. Jho's surgery

I am scheduled for a consult with Dr. Jho 6/6 and surgery 6/7. I have seen three other NS's and they all said they could not help me except for a spinal fusion. (cervical) Dr. Jho after seeing my images said he could help me without the rods and plates the other dr's wanted to do. I do have neck and head and face pain. My fingers have lost all their strength and they tingle and feel numb and sometimes painful and I can hardly write or type any more not to mention the normal chores all people have to do. My coordination is bad and has gotten worse over the last several years. It is hard to walk down the stairs and my gait is not right. Picking things up from below and reaching up to get something is also very painful. I was told by the other dr's that a spinal fusion would be very painful. I would have to be on pain medication for 6 months, and my neck motion would be limited. I also read on the net that this procedure would have to redone a couple of years later as scar tissue would form over the implants. I found Dr. Jho's website last year and sent him my images. He emailed me and said he could help me. It has taken me over a year to put all the details together since I live out of state and only have my daughter to take me. I was excited that I finally will have the procedure done (as eventually something would have to be done to relieve the pressure on my spinal cord) according to the other docs. But reading some of these posts have scared me to death. Now at this late date I am wondering if I am doing the right thing. I am 70 years old and live alone. I am trying to keep my independence for as long as possible and that requires a working body. But is Dr. Jho the answer? I would appreciate if any of you could give me some advice. Should I go through with it or not?
phyllisrg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote