View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 02:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'll have infusion #45 next week. I had to postpone it for a week because my grandchildren are coming to visit I just spent a week in California taking care of them because my daughter and sil both had to go into the office to work M-F. Now they're need to come to Nevada and I get to babysit again

Infusion #44 went ok. I'm having my infusions at my neuro's office now. Originally I had some concerns about the size of the room and how crowded it was, how often the infusion room was being cleaned and whether or not the infusion nurse was ill....she told me she wasn;t feeling well.....and the nurse's lack of confidentiality. However, my neuro has addressed all of the problems and I'm hoping things will continue to improve. She had the infusion nurse declutter the room so it was possible to recline in the recliners...I need to or I get dizzy......and it's now possible to get up and use a restroom if necessary. Since the room has been decluttered the cleaning staff can now dust and mop daily. It does help to be able to breathe...LOL As for the nurse's lack of confidentiality I'm hoping that having the neuro talk to her will help.

After my next infusion I will only have 8-9 infusions before I must switch to medicare. I don't know if I will be able to find a supplemental insurance which will pay for Ty. Medicare only pays 80%. The cost of Ty is going up. If I can't find a supplemental insurance to help with the other 20% I may need to stop my infusions As it is we are paying $1000 a month to have medical insurance and since my husband is on medicare only $150 of that
$1000 is for him.

Ok...I'll worry about that in a few months. Right now I'm going to continue with my infusions and enjoy the benefit I receive from them.

I hope everyone is doing well. Linda I don't know if you are in AZ or in CO now. Wherever you are I hope you are able to get your infusions.

hugs to all,
Shayna
shayna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DizzyLizzy (06-01-2011), Grammie 2 3 (06-02-2011), Riverwild (06-11-2011)