View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 04:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well I never learned to play it well, but I took piano lessons for 5 years. I did attempt the pump organ at church... poor old thing sounded bad with whomever played it! The old country church was not an ideal location for it..uncontrolled heat/cold/humidity.

I attempted guitar as well. The guitar I used, belonged to my grandpa. He bought it for $12 from a Sears catalog in 1934. Wish I still had it!

The piano I had was an old upright. In it's hay-day it had the old self-playing roller inside. It was converted sometime in the late 1940s just before my grandparents bought it for my aunt. It took 8 men to move that thing from my grandparents home to our home. In the late 1990's my mom gave it to a little church that still uses it!

I still play around with a electronic keyboard I bought about 10 years ago. I'm not coordinated enough to actually play well, but still can pick out a few chords and tunes.
Lady (05-31-2011), SallyC (05-31-2011), tkrik (06-01-2011)