Thread: Mixing up words
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 08:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey, at least we're all alive. My not-quite 8 year old daughter was in the car, too. Tightly strapped in the extra fancy, hard to find and very expensive booster seat I hunted down for her because she's very petite and slender. All she got was a broken arm way up high just below the shoulder, and a scrape on her cheek, probably from the headrest/guard of her booster seat. We got hit head on by an oncoming minivan who lost control (we were in a station wagon), then slammed sideways into the guardrail, then the van spun off and slammed the side of the car 1/2" behind the door where my daughter was sitting and then spun off another 30 or so feet down the road. My son, recently turned 12, was not in the car, oh so thankfully, he would have been behind me, no longer in a booster, no airbags, he would probably be dead.

Anyone who is not keeping their kids, any kid below the recommended 57" and 80 pounds, in a booster seat of some kind, GO GET ONE NOW!!! And use it properly. Every time. Just because the law doesn't require it to this size, doesn't mean your kid is safe. And do not, ever, put a kid who has not reached adult size, in the front seat. I'm a tall, 5'8" woman, tightly and properly seat-belted, and look what happened to me. Five miles from home on a quick pick-up from dance lessons trip. Through absolutely no fault of our own.

(Done with the soapbox now. But please, please take your child's safety seriously!)
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cheergirl (08-15-2011)