View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 09:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorrro13 View Post
WoW
and a doctor thought it may be in "your head"?
They only thought it was in my head for 29 years before someone finally did a full EMG. Oooooooo, the pain! I knew I was sick, but somehow doctors can almost make you believe you've gone gonzo.

The meds I just started last Friday are Neurontin, Mestinon, Alpha-Lipoic Acid and Cymbalta. Meds I've been on for a while are B-6, Multivitamin, Sodium Chloride, Zantac, Vicodin and one Ambien per night. But vision problems, lethargy and balance problems began long before I was taking anything at all.

) Lol about the 11th floor window and no meds! I feel like there is an underlying problem in regard my mini meltdowns because nothing and no one provokes them. I won't worry about that. The bigger problems are obvious medical malpractice, trying to get me mobile, and making the pain better. Does anyone take narcotic pain meds? I have severe residual muscle pain after my bouts of muscle weakness.

I do have an overload of frustration, but guilt is my worst emotion to deal with. Hubby does everything and I have to lie down and watch him. My brain wants to go, but my body won't let me. My divorce was a good thing and it happened 29 years ago. No stress over that one. I've since remarried a wonderful man (understatement) and we've been together for 18 years, almost 19. Talking it out with people who understand certainly does help. Thank you!

I did have a sleep study. The CPAP . . . it isn't apnea, but they don't know what it is, so I'm going to say PN. I'm not overweight at all. I feel like (know in my heart) this is a problem with my diaphragm or phrenic nerve. It happens if I've been too active, too hot or eaten too much. The usual suspects that affect my PN and Autonomic Neuropathy. I wish my neurologist wouldn't discount it because it is serious. I've been admitted to critical care a couple of times for it. One would think the neurologists would have done an EMG while I was hospitalized, but they didn't.

Thanks so much for "talking to me" zorro. Much appreciated!
Loves Pappilions is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote