Thread: Jobs
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 09:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyb20 View Post
I am 21 years old, trying to look into getting a degree, because im tired of sitting around all day making my brain mush..it SUCKS! and its sad...there is alot i want to do, but i know i wont be able to, with having RSD in my dominent right hand/arm, so im not sure what jobs i can stand to do??? what, if any, jobs do you do??
Dear Amby,

I also have RSD in my upper right extremity from a rotator cuff tear in Nov of 2006. I am a CPA and a certifed fraud examiner and after a year's leave of absence because I was so sick with my RSD I was able to return to work 11 and a half months ago.

If you have a dream of becoming educated and getting a job, don't ever give it up. Instead, focus on how you are going to make that dream come true. I know that I am not always the same worker that I was before I became sick. But my determination and dedication to my job in many ways makes me even BETTER than those that take everything they have for granted. I try very, very hard to do the best job that I can and I work a lot of extra hours for which I am not compensated.

I have a desk job, and I can use the mouse with either my left or my right hand. The RSD is primarily in my shoulder, neck, head and right leg. I walk at least 3-4 miles a day to keep my body and mind in decent shape. It really helps. My biggest problem is migraine pain...my head hurts to some degree every minute of every day and it is truly awful. Work helps takes my mind off it.

Try to find a treatment that works for you so that you can function at the highest level possible. I get ketamine infusions every month, and take a cocktail of meds that are tweaked periodically to maximize their effectiveness. It takes a while to find out what works best because everyone is so different. Get to the best RSD doctor in your area if you can. Do you have a local RSD support group? Many times its members will know who the better docs are and who you will want to avoid.

The best of luck to you. Let us know how you make out. XOXOX Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote