View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Tonight I'm planning to do some cooking so I can freeze things in serving size containers.

I'm waiting till tonight because it's so hot here today (upper 90's) and I don't want to heat up the kitchen.

I'm planning to cook brown rice and black beans. The brown rice I always refrigerate before freezing. Makes it easier to handle and portion out.

I'm soaking my beans today and will cook them tonight. I used to just buy the organic canned black beans but read that the inside of the can contains some fort of chemical that isn't good for us. There's always something, it seems.

This weekend I'm going to buy organic tomatoes so I can make my own tomato sauce.

Does anyone else here cook and freeze items for later use? It seems like alot of work initially but it is so nice to just be able to pull things from the freezer and know exactly what's in them (and what's not!).
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote