View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart What Blessings!

1. Firstly, I feel blessed that so many of us have come here to this special place to share and THEN to recognize despite the problems which beset us we have BLESSINGS. In that simple recognition, we do more for ourselves than any prescribed anti-depressant, because the mere recognition "Hey, I have been blessed and continue to be so" urges action within our body chemistry to generate positive idea endorphins which ARE the energy of feel good! The more we come here with blessings the more we accomplish for the good of ourselves!! Write your blessings NOW, TODAY!

2. I feel blessed by having spend this weekend with my parents in Western Colorado, all three, my Mom and Dad, and Cleo's Mom. Each have their needs. My Dad experiences a worsening case of Alzheimers, and I take advantage of each time I see him and he recognizes me to wrap him in my arms and remind him for now and forever, I love him! Feels good. He smiles and reciprocates..... the time will approach when he knows me not. My Mom has the daily struggle of watching her husband decline, and we were there to be alongside her to share our care and love for her. Getting legal papers in order and protected from Dad and his penchant for the shredder, because it is fun, and because he does not recognize what he is destroying. Yesterday we went to the Court to replace vehicle titles we believe Dad had shredded, for they were not found in a full day search of all files in the house.But for now we have at least this blessing.

Now we are with Cleo's Mom, who, in a spate of overexuberance approaching 80 years of age was moving some kindling with her wheelbarrow and tripped, falling against the wheelbarrow and breaking her sternum. Fortunately, one of Cleo's brothers resides with Mom so he has been caretaker and companion, a blessing indeed.

3. I feel blessed to have made contact with some friends of old who, now in their advancing age have infirmities, but we had time to regale one another with fond recollections.

4. I feel blessed that you took a moment to read this, as now that I have shared for today, I am feeling a rise in favorable emotions, and hope that has passed to YOU...... pay it forward now!

Love,
Mark56
"Thanks for this!" says:
irljenn (06-01-2011), ron h (06-01-2011), Rrae (07-17-2011), Sophie_ (06-01-2011)