Thread: hello ....
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Hi and welcome to NeuroTalk!

What kind of diet are you on? Is it overly restrictive in any one area (carbs, protein?)?

You may just be experiencing the plateau. I think most dieters experience this at some point in their weight loss. It's so frustrating because no matter what you do the scale won't budge. I've been there and it's maddening.

This suggestion might not work for everyone but it did for me....and still does when I want to "jumpstart" my weight loss after I've gone several weeks without any loss at all. I will take a day and eat things I wouldn't normally eat to lose weight. I don't go wild, but eating something like a bowl of ice cream and maybe some bread or some type of healthy fat seems to trick my metabolism and start it moving again.

Good luck with your continued weight loss....sounds like you've done amazingly well. Those last pounds always seem to be the hardest to get rid of.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-01-2011), scage (06-03-2011)