Old 03-07-2007, 04:19 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherylJ View Post
How on earth do you get that from this:

I've read all the posts on this thread and find myself exactly where I started, as is true for most everyone else. It's important to understand where each of us is coming from on this topic, but equally important to accept the fact that we're not likely to change any minds. It always comes back to the question of when human life begins, and this is very tied into people's religious beliefs. That is sensitive ground for any of us to be treading on.

Words do matter. Saying I and others haven't changed our opinion is NOT the same as saying we haven't learned anything. You may see this as negative feedback, but I see it as pragmatic. I don't enjoy banging my head against a brick wall... I'd rather circle around and look for a door.

Sheryl
How unfortunate that there is misunderstanding. I think my comment was very light and of few words. I had spent a considerable amount of time on this thread and your comment sounded like it was a waste of time (to me)

Yes, words are important, so is tone. If I were to start this post with "What are you talking about"? It would have a more aggressive tone.

End of subject for me, toodles

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote