View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 07:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am going through the same thing and I have tried neurontin and it did not take the pain from my face. I tried topamax now and I am severly depressed. I will call the doc tomorrow. My first opinion neurosurgeon told me there was adequate flow to the brain. I have 7mm-8mm. He said he would not operate. I am going to get a second opinion June 23rd in Philadelphia. It is very depressing. My daughter is 22 and has some similar complaints also.
\
Quote:
Originally Posted by semilesh View Post
I am so sorry you are going through this. You shouldn't have to go through this alone! I too have just recently been diagnosed with ACM with an 11mm herniation along with syringomyleia and a kink in my brain stem.

You are not wrong to second guess your doctor. The first doctor I saw looked at the MRI results and said "you have something....I can't pronounce it... but its not anything serious. At least you know it can't get worse." Boy how wrong was he. Depending on your symptoms you can be a canidate for surgery but thats up to your doctor. I would say because you are experiancing muscle weakness, especailly in your face, that your nerves are getting compressed and its causing major problems. Chiari can be treated but you need to get moving on it. If you need someone to talk to please feel free to e-mail me. I would love a chance to sit and talk to someone who is going through something similar to me. I hope this helped!
zecorvus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote