View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Well it seems that I have not been doing the injections correctly. I just watched the following video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PX4R14N68Y

I know to push the plunger in the bottle first but I didn't know I had to use the same amount of units.

For example if I take 10 units of Lantus I was supposed to take the syringe, pull back to 10 units, put the needle in the bottle and PUSH, to maintain the pressure (or something like that).

I have NEVER measured how much I was doing in that first step. So that is going to change.

I've been doing this for so many years I hope I can change my ways.

Oh, and Mrs. D. you indicated I should pull back the plunger (forget the reason). She doesn't do this in the video.

She gives the shot exactly like I do.

Well, almost exactly. When I pinch the piece of my stomach and I insert the needle, I kept it pinched. I didn't release it after the needle went in.

In the lady's instructions she says 'you pinch the skin, insert the needle and let go".

Haven't been doing that either.

Oh well, after 7 or so years of daily injections, I'm going to have to learn the correct way.

Oh, the best was, they show you the various parts of the body that you can inject yourself.

I've usually done both sides of my stomach. Only once or twice have I done my thigh and I have NEVER done the back near the hip. Never occured to me.

Oh well, better late than never.

thanks much.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (06-02-2011)