View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 12:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Mri results - confused and stressed!! Please help!

Hey,
I am new here... I am 25f and have just received my results from my mri, but I dont understand what they mean. I was hoping someone could please clarify - or shed any light on them at all for that matter.

My last neuro appt I was told it was either ms or complex migraines and an mri would clear it up. When I spoke to the nurse today and she told me my results she said that they said 'query demyelination' I asked for a copy of the results and this is what they say:

Findings:

Brain:
A 9 mm focus of increased T2 and FLAIR signal is present in the posterior 50% of the right cerebral peduncle. There is no obvious mass-effect.
No other abnormal intra or extra-axial signal focus seen. The ventricles are normal shape and size. The major intracerebral vessels demonstrate normal signal void.

No areas of restricted diffusion seen

Cervical spine:
The cervical cord is of normal size and signal.
Cervical discs are satisfactor.
No disc herniation or nerve root entrapment identified.
Bone marrow signal is within normal limits.

Comment: 9 mm high T2 signal focus right cerebral peduncle. No other areas of signal abnormality can be seen.
Although it may represent a focus of demyelination other causes cannot be completely excluded.

Any insight at all would be much appreciated as my neuro appt is over a month away and I'm quite stressed!
Let me know if any more info is needed.
Thanks
tcl16 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (07-05-2011), Lady (06-08-2011), NurseNancy (06-02-2011)