Thread: Jobs
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 05:24 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Sorry to hear about your troubles with RSD, Amy. I hope you start feeling better soon!

I'm 16 and have RSD in my left leg, both arms and possibly back. I'm from the UK and we leave to go to College when we are 16 so i've just applied for courses and will start in September.

I've spoken to my teachers and explained my RSD and back issues. I always wanted to work in Child Care areas but unfortunately because of my back issues I can't as can't really lift little children etc !

The course I am starting in September is in Travel and Tourism. I've always wanted to work in travel agents etc or abroad and my teachers told me that those courses aren't very physical so should be better for me It's a 4 half day a week course but the college are aware of my RSD so hopefully will be understanding

I'm also going to do Psychology and Sociology on a night at home. Psychology has always interested me and I feel because I wouldn't have to move around too much it would be manageable, especially if I can change positions etc.

I'll keep you posted as to how I get on at college ! I know at times it's SO hard not to lose faith but there are jobs out there suitable for you, you just have to work round them. Most jobs nowadays can't be discriminatory so that should make it easier to get one

Best of Luck to you!