View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 08:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I agree with the advice that others have posted. Perhaps start with 15 minutes at time and see how you do. If during that time, you feel any symptoms, stop immediately before it gets worse.

Be sure to give yourself a rest break after. Be sure to walk away at the first sign of any symptoms.

Don't push yourself for "just a few more minutes". If you ignore the mild symptoms when they start and don't stop immediately... you could end up miserable for the whole day or longer.

It will be trial and error to see if the computer is an issue for you and what your time limit is. Good idea to ease back into it and take rest break whether you think you need them or not. Symptoms and triggers can be different for everyone.

Hope you feel better soon,

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfrog View Post
I am recovering from a mild concussion and find myself frequently tempted to check email, text messages, and various websites (news, sports, PCS-related sites). I think this is partly because I am by myself a lot during the day.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is it best to allow yourself one or two brief sessions a day? I feel as though some minimal use isn't a problem, but spending hours in front of a computer probably isn't a good thing...
Tralee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote