View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 08:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
Waited a little too long and went off. Said to heck with it and went to bed about 9:00. Woke up about 11:00 fully on. Got up. Had snack and went back to bed still on. Slept well. Up at 5:00 AM. A little better off than usual. Meds took their normal hour to kick in. Took them with a tablespoon of aloe gel. I wonder what the day shall bring?
Hey! That's good news. Any extra "on" time plus a good night's sleep sure is a plus.
Just a personal experience with Comtan... not good. I was taking Tasmar with some success and no liver issues but, they took it off the market. So my MD switched me to Comtan and it's been nasty. Lots of unannounced off time. MIA doses. Days of not really being able to do anything. Loss of weight. Almost passing out.
Hope your experience is better. I'm off the Comtan completely now and even before the aloe... immediately felt better. Now just on Mirapex ER and carbi/leva plus aloe. Sometimes when I know I have to be really on for an extended period of time, I add a B12 shot.
I have boxes and bags of vitamins etc... enough to start my own pharmacy. Right now, I'm trying to isolate my intake to just the above so that if I feel better I'll actually have a clue as to what is doing it. The only other thing I still take on occasion is 1/2 mg Xanax if I really can't get to sleep and have to be on for the next day. The aloe seems to be soothing at night so I'm down to maybe one Xanax night per week. Today I'm going to get out and find some pure aloe gel and see what that does.
madamlash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote