View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I can give my review on the Jack LaLanne Power Juicer Elite.

Oh this review on Amazon pretty much matches my opinion.
[pros - big feeder; easy to assemble; powerful motor

cons - easily stains; not so easy to clean

summary - the big feeder allows less cutting of fruits and veggies and more juicing. Though the machine is fairly easy to disassemble for cleaning, it still take a lot of effort compared to the trusted blender. The inside plastic of this machine, easily stains, so better clean it as quickly as possible after juicing, I wouldn't recommend using the dish washer because the stains need a bit of scrubbing to take off. As fun and as healthy as this machine can be, using this as an everyday thing for freshly made juice is not as encouraging as it may seem on TV due to the number of parts to clean right after use. ]
http://www.amazon.com/Jack-LaLanne-P.../dp/B000JLHLQ6

it was 150.00 and after I got it I was going to return it - it was just too big overall for my kitchen and since I was only making juice for myself having to wash all the parts each time was a big pain.
When I called about returning they offered me a 50.00 refund if I keep it so I did.
But it is just sitting in a box now, too large and bulky for for one person servings, and the point of juicing is to have it fresh and not stored in a container in the fridge. It separates after it sits and doesn't look appetizing anyway.

I really liked the carrot apple juice - but the carrots stained the plastic inside so bad and you have to scrape or wipe out the upper part of the pulp container as it has square corners and stuff gets plastered & stuck in those edges.

It would be good if making a big batches of juice for large groups all at one time, but that's about all. Or if you have a huge kitchen and lots of empty counter space, cause if it gets put away it won't get used, it's heavy too.

If mainly for one person servings, I'd look into something smaller & easy clean.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (06-02-2011), SallyC (06-02-2011)