View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 02:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop42 View Post
Hi ky, I just read your post and wanted to mention that I have a bruit on my right side despite a scalenectomy I had on that side 20 years ago. I'm not sure if that's the same thing as a thrill or not, but this was seven years ago that a Dr. pointed this out to me. So my point is, even after surgery, the bruit is still there. No one ever told me it was dangerous or anything to worry about.
Coop,

It's my understanding that a thrill is the same thing as a bruit.

That's interesting. And that's exactly what I'm trying to figure out...does the presence of a bruit mean that the only avenue is surgery? Or can you "live with it" as long as your symptoms remain stable? In your case, it looks like you're certainly living with it fine.

Question: Can you feel the bruit? That is, feel the blood flowing when you put your finger over it? It's a strange feeling. Usually, you should just feel a pulse, but in this case, it's almost like you can feel the blood moving through the space and "rubbing" against your finger.

Just got an appt. with Dr Messina. Not until July 18th. Working on Dr Donahue but can't make one until the secretary is back from vacation in 10 days (and how ridiculous is that).

KY
kyoun1e is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote