Old 06-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
You might need a new sound card.

Like I know what the heck I am saying, but it sounds like a possibility. I mean if you can't hear ANYTHING, and you turned up the volume, turned on the speakers) oh, maybe you don't have internal speakers turned on, or you might have connected external speakers but they are interfering with the process??

This happened to me once.

It's all techo babble and very confusing but let me tell you.

When you get all this fixed, you'll be watching youtube, the SOUND WILL WORK

And you'll be going around shouting HALLELUJAH!!! all over the place.

lol

I know because it happened to me.
We downloaded the NPR tool bar and I am able to hear public radio on this computer...it's the sound that accompanies videos, and utube songs. Also technical service that tried to help Mr.Alffe had him download "Chrome" which we understand to be the Google browser and when using it, instantly could hear the sounds from Utube perfectly. They and Mr.Alffe believe that somehow it has to do with our internet explorer browser version. They & he have tried to uninstall it and reinstall with all the new updates. Mr.Alffe believes that was unsuccessful because to get all the new updates, it required something called a pack3 and he was never able to install that....so he gave up....so no sound!

I suppose we could try to use Chrome as my browser..but don't know what all the implications could be regarding email...etc.

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (06-03-2011)