View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 03:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey guys I'm sorry I haven't post in a while but my world seems almost turned upside down. I thank all you and especially Mark in Idaho for the support and great advice. I don't want to repeat everyhing but you can read my original post to get up to speed.

Here's where I'm at now after I guess is just over one month aver having my concussion. I've been back to work for half days. I don't know if that helped or not. Just got back from dr. and the will keep me on half days for the next two weeks. I just don't know what going to my family dr. does because I basically tell them my problems and that's it.

At this time I'm still getting 3 or 4 headaches a day along with getting dizzy. It seems I get dizzy when the headache begin but perhaps I'm imagining that. Three times during the past 2 weeks I woke in the middle of the night with severe headaches along with vommitting. Is that normal? My memory and speech seem to be better but since returning to work I've notice my reaction time isn't what it used to be. My wife and daughter also believe I'm suffering from depression and they've said I've developed anger issues also. I just tell them I don't want to hear any of that. Am I in denial?

Also next Tuesday I go to the nuero psych. I've asked everyone what is a neuro psych going to be able to do to make me better and I don't belive anyone knows. Can anyone tell me?

I've always been positive but I must admit that I'm getting tired of this whole process and at times I just want to say the hell with it and give up and just deal with this on my own. I know that sounds selfish because many of you have and are dealing with much worse than me.

One other thing. I was given medication for the headache pain and I'm also suffering from insomnia. I was given Lunesta and it worked the first night but after that it didn't help so I quit taking them. I also didn't take the pain medication because it seems my headaches only last a hour or so.
Army Vet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote