View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 06:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown Continued Prayers Please

Hi y'all.

I'm sorry that I haven't responded or updated in a while. Things have really been rough here. I so appreciate the prayers, thoughts and meditations going out and up for my daughter and myself.

I would like to ask for continued prayer, update y'all and expand on the requests. First I'll update on my youngest (who was the topic of the prior thread).

She's maintaining, though still feeling so badly. She's been to the ER several times now for IV fluids. She's just been so sick. The pregnancy is maintaining and she's 15 wks. tomorrow. She's working closely with both the endo and the OB.

Last week she had to have a liver ultrasound because her liver counts were elevated. The ultrasound was fine, and the counts came back down. When the did the blood work, her thyroid counts had dropped so much that they wanted to test her again yesterday to make sure that they're not dropping too low. We've not heard from them, so no news is good news.

She saw her OB today and has lost 3 lbs since her last visit. That's awesome!!!! She's lost right around 30 lbs in three months. The last time she lost, it showed 13 lbs in 14 days, so this is really good. She has the UTI back and needs meds for that as well.

The OB changed her nausea meds to zofran so she can eat. It's VERY expensive and ins. doesn't pay much on it.

The baby's heart rate is doing well and daughter's is doing a bit better as well.

Her dr. explained that this is a very rare situation she's in at such a young age and felt so badly for her. He also said this is a very high risk pregnancy. There doing tests to check the baby for birth defects as they can and she'll be having "high risk ultrasounds" which check for several things as well. She has to have those often.

In the midst of this, my oldest and her hubby told me Friday night that they were pregnant. I was thrilled for them. I have sad news, though.

Five days (yesterday) after she found out she was pregnant, she began miscarrying. The OB is certain that she is. It will be confirmed on Friday through blood tests.

She is grieving but doing well. They plan to go right back to trying. The dr. said there's no medical reason to have caused this. I hurt for her.

Please keep both of my daughters in your prayers, thoughts and meditations as they each go through their individual crisis, heartaches and concerns. They may be grown, but they're my babies and my life.

Thank you so much,

KD

From the caterpillar emerged
~Strong in flight, beautiful to the eyes, movement laced with grace~
The butterfly
**KD**
</center>
kimmydawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote