View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 04:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark56 View Post
It is so good you have found our dynamic forum area. So many people do come in here and share much, learning more, venturing forth..... I hope that as you approach your trial you will find answers to your questions, and if more need be asked that you will get on that keyboard and let them fly. It is good that you and Jenna have hooked up as it appears you are both reacting to similar situations and may be of much help to one another! She is a very sweet and caring person who has shown GREAT strength as she has pressed on in every aspect of discovery, learning, treatment, more contemplation, thoughts of additional treatment, all the while raising beautiful little daughters, making a trip half way around the globe to visit her sister for a birthday AFTER surgery. Jenna is a WOW inspiration to all of us.

If there is anything I may do to be of help, you need only ask. I have written a good deal, and much of the process through which I have come is chronicled here although our paths may differ, I have found the SCS treatment to be a generally positive experience and I feel blessed to have it.

Again, welcome, and ask away,
Mark56
Hi Mark,
Thanks so much for your reply, it's great to find people going through simular things (even though of course I wish none of us had these problems!)

You have been through so much I really hope things improve for you every day.

I have started to read through the thread you stated above, it's great - lots of information. I will continue to read through it.
It's interesting you mentioned a Interferential stimulator, when I saw my surgeon 2 weeks ago he suggested that they may give me something that sounds very much like you described until I have the operation. I had a tens machine for a year or so when I was about 16, is it simular to a tens machine?

Have you had to have your SCS replaced? How long do the batteries last in them (or is that the same as asking how long is a piece of string! )

I'm looking forward to the trial in many respects as I am so exhausted being in pain, as I know you all totally understand. I'm 33 this year and have been in constant pain for the past 18 years and even though I knew I had chronic pain for nerve damage, I only got diagnosed with CRPS 2 years ago.

As I mentioned I will keep reading through your threads, thanks very much for your time, really appreciate it!
Thanks
Rachel
Rachel4444 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (06-02-2011), ron h (06-03-2011), Rrae (08-01-2011)