View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 05:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtrpk View Post
I have a vitamix -- which blends the entire "green" or veggie/fruit. I have a great book called the Ultimate Smoothie book and another Juicing book..but didn't think to take this route.

I'm on too many meds and would love to be off them. Please tell me what you're drinking...good mixes, etc.

I am losing weight from lack of interest in food...down to 116 lbs and 5'7 so I can't afford to lose anymore!

(ok, this is his wife replying, cause I'm the one that makes them for him)...

you might wanna start with some fruity ones first, then ease into greens:

"Breakfast Blend": Handful of strawberries (green tops removed), one mango (pit removed), 1/4 fresh pineapple, one orange (peeled)...super delish! (we have this one as our fruit one every single day!)

"Afternoon Refresh": about 4 large carrots and 3 celery sticks (the full things, but not the entire stalk)...just blend all of that together...carrot makes it sweet, celery makes it veggie-ish...pretty good.

"Mean Green": 3 romaine lettuce leaves, one lime (peeled), 3 sprigs of celery, (not stalks, just tear off 3 sticks), small handful of celantro, about 4 sprigs of parsley, if I have collard/mustard greens, i throw in 2 or 3 of them, 3 sprigs (not full bunches) fresh spinach, one decent sized cucumber, and two sprigs of rosemary (can be sort of dried if needbe)...

I've also found that rosemary is an herb that helps your brain, so I put that in his green juices. Lavender & Chamamile Tea is something he drinks during the day and that helps calm him, keeps the nerves calmer...he really doesn't take his meds since we started this either. He still struggles, has pain usually at night with headaches and nausea, but this has seemed to alleviate a whole lot of the pain. it does take some time though, so try to be paitent with results.

Hope that helps. again, sorry so long. hope this helps.
crossline is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote