View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 07:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
Take my word epilepsy can return. I started having seizures when I was 10 yrs. old I'm now 44 yrs. old and I have both absence (petit mal) and complex partial seizures. I had 2 brain surgeries to help reduce my seizures in 1994 but since I started going through my change my seizures have gotten worse and now I sometimes have tonic clonic seizures (grand mal). Stress and lack of sleep are the 2 main things that can trigger seizures. Another major thing that can cause seizures is hormonal changes. The type of seizure you're describing sounds a lot like my absence seizures. I just stare and have a look on my face like someone daydreaming but sometimes I won't say a word when other times I will talk and if I'm cooking a meal I just do it not remembering anything.
My advice to you is to see a epileptologist (Dr. specializing in epilepsy) at an Epilepsy Center. Also get a calendar and write down each time you have a seizure. Be sure to write down what time the seizure happened, with a discription of the seizure. By doing this your Dr. may be able to see a pattern in your seizures as to what days of the month or what time of the day or night you will have any seizures. I always have seizures 7-10 days before my period and then during ovulation. Check out these websites for more info.
www.epilepsy.com

www.http://neuropat.dote.hu/neurology.htm
When the main page come up click on epilepy.

Also stay away from nutra sweet (aspartame) ex.diet soda it's been proven that nutra sweet causes more electrical activity in the brain which can cause seizures. I found that out the hard way drinking diet soda.
I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote