View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 01:34 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

My wife adds a bit of ginger to her green juices. It really enhances the flavor.

We use a Champion juicer. It is a masticating juicer. It tears and squeezes the veggies to break down the cells to get everything out. The pulp that is expelled is very dry. Shredding/blending juicers don't get all of the finest bits out in most cases. Clean up isn't too bad. We have been juicing for maybe 20 years.

Freeze a few bananas and strawberries and you can make fruit sorbet. My grandson loves it. It is like ice cream.

My wife buys the black grapes at Costco and makes the best grape juice. We usually have fresh squeezed grape juice at Thanksgiving.

You can freeze most fruits so you can juice them later. Bananas are real cheep when they are at the end of the ripeness. Peel them then freeze them. Cut larger fruit up before freezing it. Trim out seeds and such before you freeze if you are going to make sorbet.

She got into juicing because she cannot swallow vitamin pills.

The Champion Juicer sells for about $200, more or less. There are good deals to be had online. They last FOREVER. The household model is more than adequate to juice anything.

We had other juicers but none worked as well as the Champion.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote