View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 06:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plexus View Post
Hopefully you'll find a surgeon who will be able to tell you the risks of embolism are small. One wonders what the significance of the thrill is if the MRA was ok in normal postures (Unless of course the thrill has only just appeared and wasn't present when the MRA was done)

Did your surgeon not say why he wanted to perform surgery (besides the obvious cash incentive)? Has he started you on aspirin or similar?
Yeah, that certainly would be ideal.

To be honest, I can't remember what the doctor's said when they were assessing the bruit while moving my arm around in different positions. I was so blown away with where the conversation was going (i.e. surgery) that it was hard to stay focused. The MRA clearly showed compression with hands above head, but not with hands below...I know that much.

Couple questions that I think need to be answered. Now, assuming that maybe I've eliminated some of the compression with all the stretching I'm doing:

1. Is it possible that the subclavian artery can heal on it's own?
2. Aren't there blood thinning drugs or other that could be taken to help the blood flow? Or even aspirin?

From my reading, once you get over the 60-70% blockage territory that's bad news. The question is, what do you do if you are under that mark? Other considerations: I don't smoke, my diet is solid, I'm in great cardiovascular shape -- in other words, I'd say that I don't have as many other risk factors as others.

Ultrasound and other tests today. Yippee.

KY
kyoun1e is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote