View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

in the early days it has a bit of a bite to it. please know that this WILL get better and better. it will not always be that way. I was upset that no one warned me it was a stinger in the early days.

ROTATE! make sure you pick an area, lets say your thigh, make six spots on that thigh or even 4. that way you only hit that one area once a month, not once a week. Have a rotation schedule. Wednesday was tummy day for me, because it was the middle of the week, and the middle of my body. Saturday and Sunday I sat on my bum, so it was bum shots. Monday I strong armed my way back into the week so Monday was an arm. and so forth. just make sure to use a WIDE area of the body part you choose.

Use the SIDE wall of your thigh and you will find much more fat there. The picture shows the top side of the thigh, but its so close to the muscle that I kept doing muscle pops and those hurt! so, I switched to the side wall and was extremely happy.

drink loads of water each day. keep yourself flushed out.

Copaxone can take six months to a year to start being very effective. it took the full year for me.

DONT SKIP shots. either do it or dont do it. dont be a middle of the road girl. Pick a lane.

Learn to manually inject. even if you never intend to do it. If you know how and your auto injector is broken there is no panic or wait. Shared solutions is awesome at overnighting things to you, but you will have to skip a day if you dont know how.

Call Shared Solutions AFTER your first shot and ask for all the goodies! they have yoga CDs, shot boxes that you can keep the shots in your fridge, or travel boxes to carry them in your suitcase, and magnets, and cool wraps, and ice packs, and tons of fun stuff. make sure to ask for a goodie basket. They wont send any stuff till the nurse who teaches you registers that you did the first shot.

Breathe, relax! dont stress. Make shot time ME time. A time to sit for 15 mins and do nothing else. rest, stare off into space.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Friend2U (06-04-2011)