View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Praying for a good result from your LP and MRI.

I'm of the opinion that it's completely based on your own personal body chemistry. Some folks have good results with the traditional DMD's. They don't have many (or any) side effects and remain stable or even improve. Others, however, cannot tolerate the DMD's and have severe side effects along with little or no improvement or stability. No one thing works for everyone.

For me, I did give the DMD's a try. One was an interferon (Beta) and one was Copaxone. I could not tolerate either. And, I was progressing while on them.

So, I decided that I didn't want to live like that and started researching on my own. My Neuro didn't seem interested in alternative treatments or even supplements so I did it without his help.

I've found that by me taking LDN, cleaning up my diet, and taking a strict regimen of specific supplements I have stabalized quite well. I still have some sx and still have my days that I don't feel well......but nothing like I was when on the DMD's.

I think anything you can do to improve your overall health - MS or not - is a good thing. Everyone has to be their own advocate and work to find what works best for them. Everyone is different. But I agree with you that there is no rush to find a cure or even a better drug to treat the symptoms. There's too much money to be made in keeping it just out of our reach.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
californiafriend (06-03-2011), Dejibo (06-03-2011), SallyC (06-03-2011)