View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Thumbs up THE Card

Dear Saffy.... a Trip to Greece! That is Great!!

BOTH my surgeon and my company rep provided very explanatory plastic cards complete with descriptive data pertinent to the implanted devices, my name, the limitations on types of scanning for security, and the like along with contact information should security determine necessity to verify. I have been to our local airport Denver International Airport in Denver, Colorado, USA and have spoken with the chief of security there, who assured me that with such identification, and upon declaring myself as an implant patient, I would be segregated for screening by wand. Further, it was recommended that upon arrival at the airport if I obtained wheelchair assistance to make the long trek through security and the concourses I would as well receive special treatment in addition to the wanding. Lastly, I was assured all would go well especially since security is so familiar with the increasing number of implant patients these days.

So, as Jomar suggested be in touch with your rep/doc/consultant NOW seeking the required declaratory information via overnight!

Happy Trails to You and Hubby,
Mark56

Last edited by Mark56; 06-03-2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Add overnight
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote